Sometimes simple things in life are best! So are the digestives with cup of tea ;-).
I don’t know if you knew, but it is possible to bake your own digestives! They taste even nicer than shop bought.
- 115g unsalted butter
- 90g light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 100g wholemeal flour
- 60g plain flour
- 20g milled flax seeds (alternatively can use bran, oatmeal or wheat germ)
- 1/2 tsp salt
1. Cream butter with sugar then combine it with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Roll the dough to 5mm thickness and using cookie cutter cut out rounds from it. Pile the rounds with the baking paper in between and place them in to the freezer for 20min.
3. Just before baking remove the dough rounds from the freezer and poke them with fork couple of times.
4. Bake the digestives in preheated 180C oven for 9-12min until it turns golden in colour.
5. Optionally you could dip the digestives into melted chocolate to make them extra yummy ;-).