First of all, happy Pancakes Day! You are probably looking for pancakes recipes right now… Although these pancakes are not the sweet ones, they offer more than an afternoon treat. They are great for dinner too! Žemaičių pancakes have originated from Lithuania, the region where my Grandma lives. They have meaty filling in the potato case. Basically, worth to try ;-).
- 800g potatoes (cooked, mashed and cooled)
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- oil for frying
- 200g pork meat (cooked and minced)
- 1 carrot (cooked and mashed)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp butter
1. Make the filling by frying an onion with butter and mixing it with the rest of the ingredients. Season everything well!
2. Make the pancake dough by combining the ingredients together.
3. Take a lump of pancake dough, flatten it in the hand and insert some filling in the middle. Fold the filling in by covering with another small lump of dough.
4. Fry the Pancakes on the medium heat flipping sides until both of them turns golden.
Enjoy your pancakes today 😉