What a lovely weekend we had! My mum was visiting me all the way from Lithuania and we were invited to a one amazing Lola’s and David’s wedding…. Aww! But once the weekend is over I always think of the ways to prolong it. I baked this chocolate amaretto cake (who does’t like chocolate?), which defiantly deserves some attention ;). Try it out for yourself!
CHOCOLATE AMARETTO CAKE
- 115g unsalted butter (softened)
- 115g caster sugar
- 3 eggs (separated)
- 100g ground almonds
- 40g flour
- 150g dark chocolate (melted)
- 2tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
(For the chocolate glaze)
- 90ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate (chopped)
- 10g butter
- 1tbs amaretto (almond liqueur)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In the bowl or food processor cream butter with sugar.
- Add egg yolks, almonds, flour, chocolate and amaretto to a creamed butter and mix well to combine.
- In separate bowl whisk the egg whites until soft peaks form.Carefully fold the egg whites into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Bake for 30-35min, until the edges are puffed but the centre is still soft.
- Cool the cake on the wire rack before glazing.
- To make the chocolate glaze, bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan. Remove the cream from the heat and add the chocolate, butter and amaretto. Whisk everything until smooth.
- Pour the glaze over the cake to cover it completely. Decorate with the bits of fruit or serve it with ice-cream while still warm.