I am so blessed to have my dear friend Alex staying over at my home as he gives me so many cool ideas. Like the other day when he saw courgettes in my garden he suggested that we should eat their flowers! And I replied “are you insane?” and he went on to explain that in Italy where he is from it is actually a delicacy to eat them stuffed. So I tried frying them today according to his mum’s recipe and I loved them! The only thing is that I only had three flowers, but I suggest you have at least 4-6 per person.
STUFFED COURGETTE FLOWERS
- 6 flowers
- 100g cream cheese (with herbs or garlic)
- 1 egg
- 100g flour
- 2tbsp olive oil
- lemon wedge to serve
1. Stuff the flowers with the cream cheese.
2. Whisk the eggs in one bowl and place some flour in another. Dip the courgette flower in the egg and then roll it in the flour.
3. Heat the oil in the pan and fry stuffed flowers.
4. Serve still hot drizzled with lemon!
You must try this out!