We may have had to cancel our Veganuary Special Sunday at the cafe, but you can still try some vegan treats at home. There are plenty of recipes out there and we thought we would post our own, adapted by our friend at Simply Healthy Lifestyle. This is a raw sweet treat recipe that has the added benefit of no refined sugar and it’s gluten free! But regardless it is sweet enough and very satisfying.
SALTED CARAMEL SLICE
- 130g cashews
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 150g pitted medjool dates
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 150g pitted medjool dates (9)
- 105g coconut oil, melted (1/2 cup)
- 100g maple syrup (1/3 cup)
- 1tsp himalayan rock salt
- Hot water if needed
- 50g coconut oil
- 25g cacao powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- Blend the base ingredients in a food processor until combined. Press down into lined tin.
2. Combine the caramel ingredients in a blender on high speed. Add a little hot water as needed to make the mixture smooth, but not too runny. Spread the caramel over the base, and transfer to the freezer.
3. Gently warm the chocolate ingredients and stir until smooth. Pour on top of the caramel layer and return to the freezer until set.
Store in the fridge or freezer.