So here I am on the hunt for family recipes. Something simple, quick and mild! So even Lukas could eat it. I decided if I make a folder of recipes than it will be even easer to plan our meals and do Tesco order in lightning speed (well…not really, but still).
I chose this chicken peanut curry recipe because it is promising exactly that. Although it may not be a quick one to make, I found it easy to adapt it and cook it using slow cooker. So its ready when you are, just need to remember to prepare it sometime during the day (I usually do it during nap time). This chicken is also very mild, but flavoursome and Joni loves peanut butter! CHICKEN PEANUT CURRY adopted from Simply Recipes
- 600g chicken thigh fillets, cut into chunks
- 80g plain flour
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- generous amount of oil for frying
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1l chicken stock
- 200g crunchy peanut butter
- juice of half lime
- handful finely chopped coriander and mint for serving
1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, curry powder, salt and pepper. Toss the chicken pieces to coat.2. Fry the chicken in a large frying pan until the coating sets and browns a little. Once it is done place it into the slow cooker.
3. Add the ginger, garlic, chilli and peanut butter on top of the chicken. Mix everything well to combine. Gradually whisk in the stock, stirring continuously to maintain an even texture.
4. Set the slow cooker on low, medium or high depending on when you are planning the dinner. I tend to set it on high if the dinner is served in three hours.
5. Right before serving add salt and lime juice to taste. Serve with rice and herbs on top.Enjoy!