Although I eat ice cream any time of the year, I think today is a special ice cream day. For a long time I wanted to make one of those one ingredient ice creams, so I had a look here and there and realised it is quite quick and simple to make! So here is ho I made it…So if you have not checked the links above maybe you have already guessed what this one magical ingredient is? Yes, it’s just a banana! I have been freezing my unused bananas for quite some time now so I had a good amount to play with.
ONE INGREDIENT ICE CREAM
- Frozen bananas, chopped
1. All you need to do is put the frozen bananas into the food processor and blend it!It takes some time for the bananas to blend but eventually it turns into this creamy mass that can be enjoyed straight away. Unless you want to play with some other flavours!
You can add any of the following
- peanut butter
- chopped nuts
- cocoa powder
- cinnamon, cardamom or ginger
- frozen berries
I tried out few flavour combinations myself
- Peanut and chocolate chip (our favourite!)
- Nutella with chopped hazelnuts (I loved it even when I dislike chocolate ice cream)
- Digestive and caramel (almost like banoffee pie)
- Pecan and honey (we found this tasting a bit plain)
- Cherry and almond (we liked the least as we could taste the banana which did not suite the overall taste)