As you know, my favourite meal is breakfast. In fact I love it so much that I sometimes have it for lunch as well! These oat fritters have been introduced to me by my dear friend Vicki. We used to have this type of breakfast every time I used to sleepover at her place (good old days!). This is diffusion breakfast between porridge and classic fry-up as it taste a little meaty. Very good vegetarian recipe from Vicki’s mum!VICKI’S MUM’S SAVOURY OAT FRITTERS enough for 2-3 brunch lovers
- 2 cups basic oats
- 1 egg
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp moroccan or cajun spice
- 1.5 cups (375ml) boiling chicken stock
- 1-2tbsp coconut oil (or any other oil if you prefer)
1. Mix all the ingredients (except oil) together into sticky oat mixture.2. Heat the oil in the pan and then spoon the mixture in, leaving gaps in between. Fry the fritters while occasionally turning them over to ensure they cook on both sides. 3. Serve with cream fresh and tomato salad!Enjoy!