Since november is a last month in autumn, I though I will make something special and heartwarming. This autumn vegetable risotto is the best risotto I ever made (and I made quite many in my lifetime). I picked roasted root vegetable for the topping and that went like a dream with goooeeey risotto.AUTUMN VEGETABLE RISOTTO
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 4 beetroots, pealed and chopped
- 1 large parsnip, pealed and sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- pepper and salt to taste
- olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 300g risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 700ml chicken (or vegetable) stock
- 20g butter
- 70g parmesan cheese
1. First make the vegetable topping. Place all chopped/sliced vegetables into the oven proof dish. Sprinkle everything with garlic (reserve one for the rice) and herbs, season it and drizzle it with olive oil. Bake it in preheated 200C oven for 30min. 2. Meanwhile cook risotto rice. Fry the onions and remaining garlic clove in the pan with generous mount of oil. Then add rice, continue frying for a minute until rice become sort of transparent and then pour in the wine.
3. Now reduce the heat and add the stock gradually while stirring the rice constantly. This process should take about 15min or so. Every time you add some stock just wait until everything becomes thick again. At the end of this process the rice should be cooked and nice!
4. At the end add butter and some grated parmesan cheese into the rice and let it rest. Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and serve it with rice.