I got this breakfast idea from my old flatmate long time ago. She was making lunch for her friend and I just watched (she was amazing cook, so I used to copy her a lot). The recipe have evolved since and I eat this not only for breakfast! I made this for lunch last weekend and Joni have confirmed that this is his favourite “breakfast” so far. I hope you will enjoy it too!MEXICAN BREAKFAST
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (I try to use only coconut oil for frying as I believe it’s healthier)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and finely chopped
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1tsp chilli powder (can be fresh too)
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 tin of chopped tomato
- 1 tin of kidney beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 5 eggs
- sour cream
- 5 tortillas
1. Gently fry onions with garlic and bacon until golden and then add chilli powder
2. Add pepper, chopped tomatoes and kidney beans and cook for further 10 min or so. Season to taste.
3. Transfer the contents into oven proof dish (unless you fried everything in the skillet like me) and crack in five eggs on top.
4. Bake in preheated 180C oven for 5-10min. Warm the tortillas in the oven as well for 1-2mins.Serve everything together with sour cream!Enjoy!