Extended weekend often means we can enjoy brunch! Wake up late and eat full on breakfast, what’s not to like? Me and Joni prefer breakfast that has egg and bacon with it! No wonder why I tried this bacon, egg & cheese pastry wrap from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife. I took this to a breakfast meeting with our friends the other day and it was gone fast!
After looking through The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife I have realised that this recipe originated from crescent pastry breakfast ring (or wreath) and have been linked and linked back from another blogs. I guess I am linking it and blogging about it again! The only thing I changed is that I made it slightly smaller (no longer a ring) and I added some dill into it (because I am Lithuanian… Ha ha!). I hope you try it, like it and create your own version!BACON, EGG & CHEESE PASTRY WRAP adopted from The Kitchen Life of a Navy Wife
- 1 puff pastry roll, cut into triangles
- 7 bacon slices, cooked
- 50g strong cheddar cheese, shredded
- small bunch of dill, finely chopped
- 4 eggs, scrambled (Joni does it best! although he scrambled 5, I would say 4-3 would work just as well)
1. Place the pastry triangles on the baking paper in the round, in the shape of a star.
2. Place the bacon slice on each triangle.
3. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top together with chopped dill.
4. Arrange scrambled egg on top in the shape of a ring.5. Fold over the triangles to the centre to form a parcel.6. Bake the wrap in 200C oven for 20 min or so. Cut into 7 peaces to serve.Enjoy!