Last friday Joni turned 30 and we have been celebrating this the whole weekend! I made cupcakes… and not just any cupcakes, I tried to make it reeeeeaaaly MANLY ones ;-). First of all I have used beer, in fact I got many type of beers, but Joni is still very loyal to his favourite London Pride beer. However I have used Guinness for its chocolaty notes.CHOCOLATE BEER CUPCAKES WITH VANILLA BEAN CREAM TOPPING
- 60g butter, softened
- 250g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 240ml Stout (such as Guinness)
- 60g cocoa powder
- 125g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
(for the topping)
- 360ml whipping cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1-2 vanilla pods scrapped off
- bunch of blackberries (optional)
1. Make the cake mixture by creaming butter with sugar and combining with the rest of the ingredients.
2.Spoon the mixture into prepared muffin pan and bake in preheated 180C oven for 15-20min
3. Meanwhile make the cream topping. Whisk whipping cream together with vanilla seeds and icing sugar until it becomes stiff. 4. Pipe the cream topping onto baked cupcakes. Optionally top with blackberries as well.
I really love these starred black candles, they go perfectly with the theme :-).
Have a lovely week 🙂