So, my dear friend Suzanne had her baby shower this weekend and I was’t able to come :-(. Seems like I missed a lot!
In times like this I try to make up by making handmade gifts (well… almost). This time I made a lion face card to accompany this little outfit that really fits South African theme (Suzanne’s motherland). Here is how I made it:
1. I folded a card in half and drew lion’s face on one side using a pencil.
2. when I was happy with the drawing I used some graphic colour pens to add some colour.
3. I used black felt pen to draw round the edges
4. I used a hole-punch to make some holes for the animal “fur”. Cut in behind the fold to make more holes on the folded side. If I did this again, I would probably hole punch all around the back card instead of the holes on the top card.
5. Cut equal length yarn pieces and start attaching them through the punched holes.
6. Once the “fur” is attached, the only thing is left is to write the best wishes 😉
When it comes to gift wrapping, I like to sometimes to keep it simple. Here I used some tissue paper and colourful washi tape to decorate.
Enjoy your week, it’s only short 😉