Anybody who have a very sweet tooth like me would understand that a piece of fruit just doesn’t do. In emergencies I tried everything including all those mug cakes that seem so hyped up at this moment. I am however disappointed that they are often a little dry.
Here is my version of yummy mug cakes ;-). They are moist and can be served with many type of toppings such as fruit, jam or chocolate sauce!
I developed these yummies from Joni’s mum’s microwavable syrup sponge recipe (which is one of my favourites!). Single serving in the mug is a perfect way to kill that sweet tooth craving!
YUMMY MUG CAKE (single serving)
- 2tbsp butter
- 2tbsp sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 5.5tbsp self rising flour
- 2 tbsp coco powder (optional to make a chocolate sponge)
- syrup to cover the top (I like golden syrup the best)
- toppings such as chocolate sauce, jam, fruits, berries or even poppy seeds
1. Cream the butter with sugar. Gradually mix the dough with egg, flour and coco powder (if using).
2. Spoon the dough into the mug (if not mixed the dough in the mug already). Cover the top with some syrup.
3. Microwave the mug for 5 min.
4. Top the cake with more syrup and other toppings.
Enjoy while it is still warm!