During weekend we visited Winter Wonderland in London Hyde Park, which was really fun evening out. I even had my first mulled wine there! One thing I noticed that there are many flavours of mulled wine, well beyond the original spiced warm wine drink. Here is my new version with blueberries.
BLUEBERRY MULLED WINE
- 1 bottle of red wine (I used Merlot)
- 500ml apple juice (not from concentrate and good quality)
- 60g caster sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 star anise
- 1 vanilla bean (already used)
- 1 tsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 orange
- 2 handfuls blueberries (can be frozen)
- 2 shots of vanilla rum (optional)
1. Pour the wine and apple juice into a large saucepan and add the sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise, vanilla bean and grated ginger. Heat gently, stirring time to time, until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Just before serving, throw in sliced orange, blueberries and vanilla rum.
Enjoy your week!