When it comes to chilly evenings I love dipping cookies into the hot tea and eating them like that. I also like the idea of stocking up on homemade sweet treats so I have it whenever I have a sweet tooth. And cookies are perfect for that! So this is exactly what I did today: baked cookies while experimenting with different flavours. I experimented with pumpkin spice, white chocolate, orange, almond and even matcha. However my favourite combination is peanut butter with jam :b.
PEANUT BUTTER & JAM COOKIES
- 200g softened butter
- 160g peanut butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240g plain flour
- strawberry jelly (for filling)
1. Gradually add all ingredients into the mixing bowl (except the jelly) and mix until everything is combined well.
2. Add the cookie mixture into the piping bag with the wide round nozzle tip. Then pipe small circles on the tray lined with the baking sheet leaving big enough gaps to expand in between.
3. Bake at preheated oven 180C for about 13min.
4. Cool on wire rack then spread some jam on the flat side and join two cookies together.