Last night at our mini knitting group we were knitting mini hats to contribute to Innocent Big Knit campaign. These mini knitted hats will go onto the innocent smoothie bottles, that will be available to buy in stores across the country in November, and for every hatted bottle sold, 25p is donated to Age UK. Yey!
For this occasion I baked this innocent smoothie berry cake. Here is the recipe!
INNOCENT SMOOTHIE BERRY CAKE
- 4 eggs
- 300g sugar
- 120ml vegetable oil
- 250g flour
- 4tsp baking powder
- 1/2tsp salt
- 130ml blackberries, strawberries & blackcurrent innocent smoothie
- 200g blackberries
1. Preheat your oven to 180° C. Line with parchment paper or grease the baking tin you are using.
2. Beat together the eggs and sugar until thick. Gradually beat in the oil.
3. Stir in the flour, baking powder and salt, and then the smoothie. Combine well.
4. Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and scatter the blackberries on top.
5. Bake for about 50 minutes, or until the cake tests done.
Happy knitting 😉